Friday, November 20, 2009

Blup Blup Necopie? Only in Brooklyn

OK faithful reader (Still singular based on the comments the ole' blog has gotten) wecome back!

today we're going to go high level into a few amusing sites that should have existed when me and my boys were all at NCC (The College Years).  Or, now that I think a little harder, maybe it's a good thing these sites DIDN'T exist.  as we'd have gotten even LESS work done.  I've found these on my own (read previous bitter statement about my singular reader comment), but thought I'd share, as they definetly amused me.  the list - short and sweet :

People of Wal-Mart : Ok, so I'm convinced that the guys running this site are total ass-bags, but I guess I must be part ass-bag, since I still look at the site every few days, and LOVE laughing at my fellow 'intelligent' mammals. Just pics, snapped at Wal-Marts around the country, highlighting (low lighting?) some of the people who share our oxygen, that either don't own mirrors, or simply don't care.  The scary thing, pay attention to the 'where' under the pic...I guarentee you'll find one or two near you! A very Guilty 4 stars.

This is Photo Bomb : A site that was actually designed with one of my masked compadres in mind I think.  This is a collection of user submitted pictures where someone 'hi-jacked' the photo by jumping in, or being in the background when they are obviously not supposed to be in there!  Some stupid, or not funny, others are roll on the floor hilarious, with everything in between.  The occasional NSFW, but not too bad (see today's top pic..is that a thong?).  5 stars, just becuase I expected to see my friend Ace in every other picture.

There, I Fixed it:Epic Kludges and Jury Rigs : Idiots of the world, UNITE! This is photo's of accidents waiting to happen, fires in the making, or injuries just around the corner.   From the garden hose shower, to the many, many plumbing failures, these pics make event the worst handiman feel good about his or her efforts!  Not as funny to go through, as I think the approval of pics is pretty lax, i.e. a lot of the pics leave me scratching my head on how they fit the topic, but still worth a chuckle.  And, it might make you think twice next time you reach for the duct tape and zip ties. 2 1/2 stars on this one.

Still looking for suggestions on a rating scale.  Stars are so over done!  It's been a light week for me on the interwebs, too much work and not enough play makes me something something.... Go Crazy?  DON'T MIND IF I DO!

Facebook App of the post : Treasure Hunter - Oooh, I'm almost as addicted to this one as I am to Farmville!  Very simple game play, you're an explorer, and as you explore, you either find artifacts, fruit, money, or mini-games.  Of course, why wouldn't you find mini-games? The mini games are easy, but do get more difficult as you level up.  I'm only about 1% done with the game, so it's HUGE.  As with many games, you can only do so much before you are out of something, 'Health Points' in this case.  Of course, you can pay money, or visit advertisers for additional HP, but, this game does have a relatively fast refresh rate, so if you use your HP up (could be as fast as 2 minutes, could go as long as 10, dpenending on how much fruit you find) you can go surf other sites (hint hint...see above), and you'll be fully charged in 30 minutes or so.  5 stars on this one, only detractor is when I'm unlucky and go through my HP too fast.

Kongregate Game of the post : Gem Craft - This is a great game.  I blame my brother for getting my addicted to this one, and he doesn't even know how.  This is a tower defense type game, i.e. build a tower, make it poserful, then shoot bad guys that go past.  Game play is great in that level 1 is pretty easy, then it get's increasingly, but not ridiculously, harder with each level.  You should figure out tricks and tactics for yourself, but the help button takes you to another site with some great user and developer suggestions.  There are a lot of similar games, some better, a lot worse, but this one has an ease of play, and is graphically simple but not boring, and can keep you interested for a long time.  Also easy to adjust how long you play, as one map usually only take a few tries at a few minutes each, and then you can save and come back later...and again and again and again.  4 1/2 Stars. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Picchi, in some respects, I'm still back in college...I somewhat regularly bring a site or post of something to Q. and say "this is awesome, have you seen this" and he said he saw it while in the quad cities....so anyway, I had seen the walmart, and always think of spanki when I do...but I hadn't seen the other two, those were stinkin funny!!

have you checked out http://delicious.com/ let me know what you think

-Wud

Q. said...

Picchi, great site. How about a differnt flavor, a follow-up on one of your previous posts. I don't know if you have read that Farmville and the other Facebook games by Zynga have a huge "scam" element. Here is some TechCrunch info that led me on.
http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/11/06/zynga-scamville-mark-pinkus-faceboo/