Friday, February 15, 2008

What the hell is wrong with people?!

Folks, I'm going to keep it short today, but I'm really getting worried about the general state of affairs among the youth of this nation. A gunman entered a lecture hall at Northern Illinois University yesterday and opened fire. As of today, 7 people have died. This is Beruit in the late 80's. this isn't Baghdad in the 'Green Zone'. This isn't Darfur. THIS IS DeKalb ILLINOIS! What the hell. You know, I'm boggled by this, and I'm more boggled every time it happens. This was the 4th time in 2 weeks someone was killed in a school. Of course the media was too involved with the Congressional hearsing on baseball to mention them, until it happened at a major university. (BTW - Estimated cost to the US Taxpayer for the congressional hearings Wednesday, that actually accomplished nothing, is about 2 Million). I have a good friend who is a student at NIU, another who works for the DeKalb Co. Sherrif's office, and was working in 911 dispatch on Wed., and I am a PT Student there as well. What the hell. We never think it'll happen here. NIMBY, not in my backyard. Well, guess what, appearantly, crazy knows no bounds. I'm really getting tired of the media, and the families telling us that all these idiots are 'misunderstood' or 'got teased' or whatever. A few things here...I got picked on every day of my life, hell a few of my more ass-like friends seem to think it's their job, but guess what...NEVER FELT THE NEED TO SHOOT UP A SCHOOL! Also, and I'm sure, as I always tend to do, this next one will piss off my more left leaning friends, I do not think the answer is outlawing guns. The kid plans on shooting up a school, obviously breaking the law is not a major concern for this individual.

Where the hell are the families here? I know when my wife or brother, or friends are having a bad hair day, let alone when they are really ticked/peeved/ready to rampage on something. All it takes is a few seconds to see how someone is doing.

OK, getting riled up, and I need to go back to work. Please, call a friend today, maybe one you don't see or chat with a lot, and see how they are doing, remind them that you are there, and you care about them.....

Of course, if you pray, please keep the NIU deaths in your prayers, if you don't, at least keep them in your thoughts.

No comments: